My name is Paul Koroma. I'm willing to learn what I don't know, and what I learn, I try my best to get good at. I'm a solution-oriented and highly analytical Systems Engineer with years of cross-platform experience in systems administration, including analyzing, designing, installing, maintaining, deploying, and repairing hardware, software, networks, servers, mobile device, and peripheral equipment.
As an IT professional, I have successfully provided strong support and guidance to numerous clients and staff members while implementing efficient and innovative technology solutions to the complex issues facing my customers and employers.
In addition, I helped ensure that company’s daily operational aspects were conducted in a highly professional manner and adhered to corporate standards, industry regulations, professional ethics, and applicable laws. I am equipped with strong interpersonal and communication skills and comprehensive problem-solving abilities.
I am always interested in learning from interacting with others and happy to connect with like-minded individuals!
- Active Directory
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrading
- LAN/WAN Administration & Design
- Excellent Customer Service Focus
- Group Policy Objects
- SonicWall VPN
- Server Administration & Design
- End-User Training & Support
- Exclaimer Signature Manager
- Intronis & Acronis
- SonicWall Firewall Configuration
- SolarWinds N-Central
Kreative Technologies, LLC, VA | February 2022-Present
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, DC | August 2021- February 2022
- Act as an escalation point for troubleshooting NetDocuments, Exchange, and other issues assigned to my team. Provide excellent service to internal customers.
- Install upgrades/patches for WAP servers every month.
- Perform email Export from Enterprise Vault as requested by users.
- Assign permission to groups, workspace, and documents to NetDocuments users.
Junior Systems Administrator
Homespire Mortgage, Gaithersburg, MD | January 2020 – August 2021
- Configure SolarWinds N-central. A remote monitoring and management automation solution for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Mobile devices Monitoring and Maintenance. Setup Group policy to push it out to all domain computers.
- Configure Exclaimer signature manager outlook edition to deploy email signature to users’ Outlook. Setup group policy to automatically push out signatures to all domain computers.
- Configure Global VPN, SSL VPN, and site to site VPN on SonicWALL Firewall. Also, set up a static route for specific applications to work in the Firewall.
- Configure and manage systems and file backups and restoration using Acronis, Intronis, and shadow copy.
- Configure Synology NAS and set up a local backup of all computers using Acronis.
- Performed user setup and management in Active Directory. Create OU, groups, and computers to make sure AD is well organized.
- Building, configuring, patching, upgrading, and troubleshooting of physical Servers. Perform day-to-day maintenance of servers, network equipment, backups, and storage. Manage DHCP, DNS, and print servers. Detailed knowledge of server environment and hardware, RAID controllers, BIOS, drivers, and GPO.
- Setup network drive. Create groups in AD and setup NTFS share permissions to ensure the right users have access to the data they are supposed to have access to.
- Ensured that hardware and software are deployed, implemented, and supported per company standards/policies by utilizing approved procedures.
- Research new technology and implement it or recommend its implementation. Plan and coordinate the update, testing, and operation of server software, hardware, and firmware.
Sr. Technical Support Specialist
SilverLight Solutions, Rockville, MD | January 2017 – January 2020
- Act as an escalation point for other techs, provide prompt, reliable, and maintain effective communications during conversations with end-users to drive solutions for major escalation issues.
- Diagnosed and resolved end-user network, local printer, PC hardware, e-mail, and Internet issues.
- Managed the migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for about 300+ computers.
- Answered users' questions over the phone and solved issues with Microsoft 365. Perform Active directory tasks such as password reset. Configure SonicWall VPN client and perform password reset to make sure users can connect to the domain network. Performed Imaging, configuring, and installation of applications to systems issued to users.
- Create KB for resolved issues and document all findings to provide solutions to frequently asked questions, how-to guides, and troubleshooting instructions.
Technical Support Specialist
SilverLight Solutions, Rockville, MD | January 2016 – December 2016
- New workstations and systems setup. Day-to-day duties include Installing, Managing, and Configuring Windows Operating systems and software used by end-users.
- Worked with third-party vendors to track progress and outstanding issues. Replace and repair computer equipment, as well as testing and evaluating new technologies.
- Troubleshoot issues with users over the phone. Remote into end-users’ machine to Performed troubleshooting techniques to identify and resolve issues.
- Install, troubleshoot, and Maintain adequate knowledge of application software to provide a high level of support to end-users.
- Update inventory records via IT Asset management system (ManageEngine). Manage hardware and software inventory and ensure the inventory is up to date.
Able to perform critical IT support tasks including device configuration, data backup and recovery, and operating system configuration.
Have the ability to configure the system, navigate the command line, and use common package management systems.
Have the necessary skills to work in today's data centers, server rooms or cloud environments.
Have the knowledge and skills necessary to perform core security functions.
Have the ability to address a variety of user issues, including troubleshooting software, hardware and networks.
AZ 900: Azure Fundamentals
Demonstrated foundational level knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure.
Have the skills needed to troubleshoot, configure, and manage enterprise networks.
Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
Demonstrates an understanding of the options available in Microsoft 365 and the benefits of adopting and implementing them.